We are not in this LIFE thing just for the ride. This is all for a reason. What is the reason for this season?
(A bag filled with ‘stuff’ is shown-candy, flashlight, matches, air pillow, silver sheet, knife, Kleenex, shaver, breath mints, bank note, map, Bible, paper & pencil, clean socks, soap, hat and a fishing pole.) Be prepared for life as well.
Be Prepared for training for a run…what is needed? Practice!
Be Prepared for training for childbirth…what is needed? All sorts of thins to learn and to be ready for when the time comes!
Just in case, Be Prepared.
Jesus says for us to watch and wait. Why? “Cause He is to return.”
“The Boss in coming on Wednesday, how to prepare?”
- Things that brought Pain…
- Things that brought Joy…
- Things that brought Challenges…
- Things that brought Uncertainty…
- Death of a child
- Broken promises
- Call to a calling
- Rejected by parents
- Becoming a Believer
- How does this shape me?
- How does this move me?
- How does this change me?
What kind of Faith do you have?
- Maybe, you are Coming to Faith in Jesus
- Maybe you need to have a Rededication to the Lord
- Maybe, you are now Determined to follow Him
- Step by step
- Directed by the Lord
- Open to His leading
- Plan for the future
- Built on what was gathered before
- Passover; first time it was celebrated since Samuel! That was many years before. People just plain forgot about the ways of God. They forgot to remind their children of God's Work in Egypt.
- Law was found 34:8, 14
- To receive the Full blessing
Don’t be caught doing ‘just fine’ when the Lord returns—ask for a heart of excellence.
- In Spirit
- In Community
The movie “Mary”.
Zechariah and Elizabeth
- Your prayers have been heard—ever call for help? Vs 13
- Many…people will be brought to the Lord their God Vs16
- Believe or be silenced by His Hand Vs 19-20
- Acknowledge what He has done-verse 25
- He shows His favor to His People
- A census, one language, the Peace of Rome-
- God made things ready for us!
- In the fullness of time…
Question: Are you where God wants you to be this Holiday Season?
Luke 1:26-56 Please stay for the Christmas Covered Dish. If this is your first time, just come and be our guest! If you'd like, you can bring some food or drink to share with the rest. This is a great time to join in on some important friendship building time.