As we know from this account and from history, Jesus had always had a different plan for His followers. His world is not the world we live in! His ways are not our ways. His end is not the end we were thinking of or hoping for! His wants will become clear to His followers. This is the Best-Thing-That-Could-Ever-Happen-To-You sort of a day.
Questions and concerns for Small Group.
- He created me in His own image.
- He knows me and calls me by name, as He did with Abraham, Moses, Gideon and others.
- He has given talents and gifts to me . . . just as He has determined. I Corinthians 12:11)
- He has written my name on the palm of His hand.(Isaiah 49:16)
- He indwells me, since the day I invited Jesus into my life.
- He tells me that I am a co-worker and joint-heir with Him.
- He has a plan for my life.
- He has convinced me that I MATTER TO HIM.
Many of us cannot imagine that God is pleased with us. But Moses heard God tell him that . . . God was pleased with him. In the previous paragraph we learned that God is pleased with us too, as we trust Him. So add these words to your memory bank ... GOD IS PLEASED WITH ME. How does that change how I do life? How I conduct myself at work...at home...at school...here at ICCS?