Prayer Changes the Heart-esp. in the stomach of a fish-at times, life at times, is hard as well…祈りは心を変えます
Then they cried out to the Lord, “Please, Lord, do not let us die for taking this man’s life. Do not hold us accountable for killing an innocent man, for You, Lord, have done as You pleased.” 15 Then they took Jonah and threw him overboard,
16 At this the men greatly feared the Lord, and they offered a sacrifice to the Lord and made vows to Him.
These are the original Twelve Steps as published by Alcoholics Anonymous: 匿名アルコール中毒患者の12のステップに注意してください）
1. We admitted we were powerless over alcohol —that our lives had become unmanageable.
2. Came to believe that a higher Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God, as we understood Him.
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
5. Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
6. Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
7. Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
10 Continued to take personal inventory, and when we were wrong, promptly admitted it.
11 Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God, as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
12 Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
1Then Jonah prayed to the LORD his God from the stomach of the fish, 2and he said, "I called out of my distress to the LORD, and He answered me. I cried for help from the depth of Sheol; You heard my voice. 3"For You had cast me into the deep, into the heart of the seas, and the current engulfed me. All Your breakers and billows passed over me. 4So I said, 'I have been expelled from Your sight. Nevertheless I will look again toward Your holy temple.'"
8 “Those who cling to worthless idols turn away from God’s love for them. 9 But I, with shouts of grateful praise, will sacrifice to You. What I have vowed I will make good.