Thursday, November 22, 2007

WHAT ARE YOU THANKFUL FOR?

During the Service last Sunday, I passed out a short piece of paper. I asked the people to finish the sentence:

I THANK GOD FOR _________________ .

Here is a sampling of what was on their hearts.
I THANK GOD FOR my brother.
I THANK GOD FOR Your Sacrifice.
I THANK GOD FOR His Loving Care everyday.
I THANK GOD FOR listening to my prayers.
I THANK GOD FOR (that I could) come here today.
I THANK GOD FOR giving me special friends.
I THANK GOD FOR my family. (many wrote this)
I THANK GOD FOR His Grace, Mercy and Faithfulness.
I THANK GOD FOR giving us Jesus, His Son.
I THANK GOD FOR dying on the Cross for my sins.
I THANK GOD FOR (amazing) friends that I can rely on.
I THANK GOD FOR mak(ing) me a conqueror.
I THANK GOD FOR children who love Jesus.
I THANK GOD FOR I job I enjoy doing.
I THANK GOD FOR a wife who is supportive and faithful.
I THANK GOD FOR God’s Word.
I THANK GOD FOR sending is this Church.
I THANK GOD FOR adopting me as His son.
I THANK GOD FOR my mother-in-law.
I THANK GOD FOR (the fact) Alex Rodriguez is still playing for the Yankees.
I THANK GOD FOR His Word.
I THANK GOD FOR the knowledge I am not alone.

What would you write down to this?
I THANK GOD FOR _____________________ .
For many, this is Thanksgiving week. In fact, from my tradition, TODAY is Thanksgiving Day. Turkey, pumpkin pie, sweet potato, gravy, cranberry sauce, and stuffing all being eaten during half time of some football game. But, please, there is so much more to be thankful for. For many, this Thanksgiving week is very hard or difficult or even life threatening. Take some time today and speak to the Creator God of the Bible and give Him thanks for His Great love and for His great Gift of His Son, Jesus, who came to earth to pay our price for our sins. His forgiveness is something we can sure be thankful.
I THANK GOD FOR __________________ .

Under His Grace.
Pastor Stan

No comments: